Video playback issues

Aidrys

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2011
Hi, I have an issue with playing certain video types. Mainly youtube and hulu formated video's. Whenever I play the video's the graphics seem like they are choppy the entire time. It's not my connection because certain downloaded video's do it as well. Netflix works perfect and 1 out of every 10 youtube videos work fine as well. Dvd's and any video I've personally ripped has been fine too. It's an issue ever since I've built my pc.

I've tried several different codec packages klite codecs and ffdshow tryout. I've reformatted 3 times since I've built it 2 years ago. Constantly updating the video card when a new driver is released and I've fully updated windows. I've not had to time to experiment with ripping software to see if it's just a particular setting that's doing it or what. I've full updated Direct X and Flash as well. I've used 3 different web browsers and I have 2 different monitors(ASUS and Acer) and doesn't make a difference.

I've also noticed that sometimes on a fresh start if I go and play the video that it'll play fine at first but if I scroll my mouse over the box the video is being played it it'll immediately mess up. System specs are below and I've tested all hard ware as thoroughly as possible with no issues with any of it. It's not a huge problem, but it's been bugging me for years because I can't figure out the exact reason. Also I've tried each codec after a fresh install of windows so I know it's not an issue with conflicting codecs from different sources.

Any suggestions at all would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

MSI-P43 Neo3 Motherboard
Intel Dual core E5200
8gb ram(Kingston, OCZ)
MSI Nvidia GeForce 9800GT

Aidrys

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2011
Ok I'll try those in a little while. Thanks for the help. I know I had th issue when I had 275 installed before, but not sure what I had before I just updated to 285. Thank you for the help.

Aidrys

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2011
Didn't work. I tried all different versions I could find between 275 and 280 and didn't make any differences at all. Always did a fresh install as well. Thank you for the suggestion though.