Will my GTX 560 fit into a Asus Sabertooth Z77?

Creason

Honorable
Feb 5, 2013
Hey, currently a deployed soldier in Afghanistan, and plan on upgrading when I get back home. Right now I have an ASRock iCafe extreme board, and an 6 core AMD processor. Wasn't really pleased with either, so this time I'm not going cheap, and I'm going Intel for the processor, and Asus for the board. Anyway, the interface to the GTX 560 Ti is 2.0 x 16 and the new board I'm planning on getting only has 1 2.0x16 slot, and it's at the very bottom. Was just wondering if anyone could help me decide if my old graphics card would stil fit in the new board.

Asus Sabertooth Z77:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131821

ZOTAC GTX 560Ti:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814500231

More importantly, will your case be able to fit it? Your GPU is listed with these dimentions:
9" x 4.38" x 1.32"

I would say that just about any ATX case shouldn't have any issues. If you have a small form factor case you might run into issues.

Could you confirm your budget and what other parts that you were going to buy? We could possibly help you tailor you build to your needs and minimize your cost too :)

I would be looking at these options, if you were to build an Intel based system:

* CPU - Intel 3570k if you can afford it.
* Mobo - z77 based and around $120-150 price range, $250 for you selection is just overkill, IMHO.
* RAM - 1600 mHz at 1.5v @ CAS 9 timings
* Case - Corsair 200 T is a steal right now (if your buying in the U.S.)

If you were to consider just upgrading your current setup and saving some $, we could help you with those options, if we knew what your current setup is and what issues your having.

Creason

Honorable
Feb 5, 2013

Like I said, it's an upgrade. My old case fit ATX form factor boards, and the card. Do you know where I could get a Z77 for 120-150? Because that would be tits.

Creason

Honorable
Feb 5, 2013

I had considered those, but I was really, really, let down by my last ASRock.