Sign in with
Your question

Can ping but not browse

Last response: in Networking
January 19, 2011 6:50:06 AM

Hi there

We've got about 15pcs at work, all on one network. All connect to one switch, and the router connects to the switch so all has internet access. Four pcs has got windows vista on, the rest XP.

Yesterday I tuned on the one pc with Vista on, but could not connect to a mapped drive. I checked in the network places, i could see only three pcs, all three xp pcs. I can browse the internet, but not the pcs on my local network, and I can ping the pcs on the network.

Please help?

More about : ping browse

January 19, 2011 1:58:05 PM

gswart569 said:
Hi there

We've got about 15pcs at work, all on one network. All connect to one switch, and the router connects to the switch so all has internet access. Four pcs has got windows vista on, the rest XP.

Yesterday I tuned on the one pc with Vista on, but could not connect to a mapped drive. I checked in the network places, i could see only three pcs, all three xp pcs. I can browse the internet, but not the pcs on my local network, and I can ping the pcs on the network.

Please help?

You should check the Firewall Settings of those systems & Network Sharing Settings , also check the all are in same Workgroup......
!