Sign in with
Your question

Need help building new pc!

Last response: in Systems
December 23, 2011 7:29:41 PM

Hey guys, I've been out of the hardware scene since I made the fatal mistake of purchasing my 2900xt which broke and was replaced with a 3870 for free. Ive been reading the new system builder articles and was set on the i5 2500k and was thinking of a pair of 6950s I think they were, until I lost interest apon reading that the 7000 series was coming out. I'm in the states till the 23rd of Jan. So I was hoping to purchase everything except the gpu now and buy the gpu just before I left I'm hoping for a pair of 7950s?

Is this possible to get all the components now or are the new cards going to require a different chipset on the mobo?

Is it possible to have and intel CPU and a amd gpu these days?

Thanks

More about : building

December 23, 2011 11:50:36 PM

Yes, it's possible to have an Intel cpu + amd gpu. I don't think the 7xxx's will be out until Q2, so I recommend you crossfire some 6870s instead.
m
l
December 24, 2011 12:30:27 AM

Quote:
Is it possible to have and intel CPU and a amd gpu these days?

Yes - GPUs aren't CPU specific. AMD does have some parameters that enable special software settings when a Radeon is paired with an AMD CPU, but otherwise it doesn't really matter.

Quote:
Yes, it's possible to have an Intel cpu + amd gpu. I don't think the 7xxx's will be out until Q2, so I recommend you crossfire some 6870s instead.

The 7970 is supposed to be out by February but I think it will be a bit on the pricey side.
m
l
!