Sign in with
Your question

Asus P8Z77-V PRO vs MSI Z77A-GD65

Last response: in Motherboards
February 5, 2013 1:01:25 PM

Building my first computer and need some help choosing a motherboard. I know that I will want to overclock the i5 3570k at least to 4.0-4.5 Ghz using the Corsair H60 to cool it. I will not be using the TPU switch on the Asus after hearing that it often uses too high of a voltage. Basically I'm looking for reliability for the motherboard especially when overclocking. Thanks

Also comparing the UEFI BIOS's from each but I couldn't imagine too big of a gap.
a b V Motherboard
a b K Overclocking
February 5, 2013 2:24:36 PM

I would go for the Asus P8Z77 V Pro as asus make better boards than MSI. Plus i have a P8Z77 V Pro and im very happy with it... I have not overclocked as my CPU is not overclockable...
a c 75 V Motherboard
a b K Overclocking
February 5, 2013 11:34:39 PM

go grab yourself a z77-v Lk for 109.99 after a MIR at microcenter (not instore pricing). will easily take you to 4.5ghz and has exactly enough features to get a rig up and running

and pick this heatsink up instead. the h60 is about as good as a hyper 212 evo gets. closed loop coolers are pretty much the biggest joke you can get. this heatsink is brown, but i have one and its a beast. email noctua for a 1155 mounting bracket to make it work properly with 1155 boards. comes with better fans than the standard d14.

note to buy it by tommorow morning. by tomorrow night, the deal is off

http://us.ncix.com/products/?sku=64540&vpn=NH%2DD14%20S...

!