Sign in with
Your question

Reset uefi factory settings

Last response: in Motherboards
February 5, 2013 4:41:10 PM

Hello,
Does anybody know if it is possible to reset the BIOS of an ASUS EB1033 to factory settings?
February 5, 2013 4:54:34 PM

Probably. Can you still get into the BIOS? If so, just look around in there and try to find a "Reset" or "Return to Default" or something.

If you can't get into BIOS, you have two other options. There may be a jumper on your motherboard that you can use to reset everything. If you cannot locate that, then your other option is to remove the battery from your motherboard. To do this, power down your computer, unplug everything, take out the battery, wait 5 minutes or so and then put the battery back in and hook it all back up.

Just Google "How to Reset BIOS" for more detailed instructions.
m
l
February 6, 2013 2:33:20 PM

I cannot get into the BIOS - The change I did took out the Video.
There is no accessible jumper or battery (This verified by ASUS Tech support - who claims that the only way to reset the BIOS is to send the unit to them?) - That sounds strange to me - thus my initial question
m
l
February 6, 2013 3:00:56 PM

Oh, I didn't realize it was one of those slim-form-factor things. I should have looked it up.

Is it going to cost you a lot of money to send it to them? ASUS tech support is pretty good. If it's under warranty, I would do that.
m
l
Related resources
!