Motherboard and operating systems

Tomsuser67

Honorable
Feb 3, 2013
I am in the market for a desktop computer and I came across one that is being sold as refurbished. But the unique thing about this computer with motherboard by intel is the seller has this same model with three different OS and when I checked intel motherboard specifications it says only win xp and vista are Compatible with it. The seller is selling the motherboard with win 7 and win 7 professional the two that are not listed as compatible. Does this mean that the motherboards with the non-compatible OS will eventually run into problems with the addition of other new software s or even upgrades?

Please advise.

Regards.

It depends....if the motherboards are stock (no modifications - no add-in cards), unless the guy knows how to compile drives for them, then I would say that unless you want to install Win XP/Vista on the system, I would look elsewhere...

The age of the systems would also indicate that hardware failures loom in the future....unless they are $50...I would think you can build a faster machine for around $300 - and that machine would be under warranty.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
It sounds like the specs for that board were printed before the advent of Windows 7. Probably not a problem. However, I would shy away from a refurbished MB. Unless the refurbish-er was someone you know/trust, you are taking a chance.