How can i force a constant performance level without using rivatuner

musickz

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2011
In order for my graphics card to not black screen on me i have to do the Rivatuner force constant perf level but the problem is that i cant set my clocks high in Rivatuner. Rivatuner only detects up to the 3rd video profile on my card, but my card has 4 profiles.

The 4th increases voltage to 1.12 and rivatuner keeps the voltage at .90 thus resulting in a significant performance loss, a loss in 120 mhz core speed, 400 mhz shader speed, and no memory downclock loss.

I have Msi afterburner and it works perfectly exept it has no option to force a constant level. What this means is that when i force a constant performance level in Rivatuner it makes me use Rivatuners clock settings and if i don't click the check box to enable driver-level hardware overclocking my clocks go back to the default that Rivatuner detects which is 400,800,300. If i cant cross just the option to keep a performance level constant between Msi and Rivatuner is there any fix or other option for me?

I have a 9800m Gts lappy integrated.
Gateway p7811 Fx

i think it is a better idea to leave your gpu at it's stock setting. btw what so you mean by 'forcing constant level'? with MSI AB i can force my desired OC setting to be applied to the gpu right after windows start up. (this was done on discrete gpu though)