Sign in with
Your question

Help me find a ram for a toshiba laptop!

Last response: in Motherboards
February 5, 2013 9:08:35 PM

Hello,

My mom has an old Toshiba laptop (N723) with Vista. Her laptop is very slow due to lack of idle RAM. But I'm having trouble finding the right RAM for her computer. I went to crucial.com but I can't find her laptop on the website.

The RAM inside this computer is following:

Samsung 512 MB 2Rx16 PC2 -5300s-555-12-A3

On the other side:
A00001302077027096W00

========

Thank you!
a b V Motherboard
February 5, 2013 9:35:03 PM

Is there anything else you can tell me about the model number, I can't find any reference to that number on their website. I can find you matching RAM but that won't help any if I can't figure out how much it will support
m
l
Related resources
February 8, 2013 4:27:33 AM

Thank you for your reply. I tried to find the model number for this product, but I'm having hard time finding it. This is an old laptop (maybe around 4-5 yrs old) and I can't find this laptop on the Toshiba website. At the back of this laptop, all I can find is the serial number and parts number. The serial number is n723 and under the parts number, I see n723 and Z218.

This laptop currently has 1000mb but there's no idle space so it's extremely slow. Can you please explain to me why finding the matching RAM will not solve the problem? All my mother does on her laptop is watching videos, surfing webs, and using microsoft words.
m
l
February 8, 2013 6:28:15 AM

What cin19 said.
you need SO-DIMM (laptop) RAM. ddr2 kind.
At a guess I would say it can take maximum 2 x 2GB DDR2 ram. Im assuming it's a 32 bit operating system so more than this will be wasted.
Use http://download.cnet.com/SIW-Portable/3000-2094_4-12306...
to check that the laptop does actually have 2 card slots and that it can handle up to 4 gb of ram. (it may say you can handle more but it doesnt take 32 bit operating system into account)
If for some reason it only has one slot get 1 4gb card.
Don't worry about any other factors (frequency etc.) any newer ram will be faster than what the system needs, which is no harm at all.
m
l
!