ATi Radeon Mobility HD 3650 & WoW Bluescreen

Status
Not open for further replies.

evio

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2011
So i am having an issue since following this thread:

Re: ATi Mobility Catalyst 11.9 Display Drivers For Notebooks
ATi Mobility Catalyst 11.9 Display Drivers For Notebooks (28/09/2011)

I had just previous to this reformatted and re-installed vista on my laptop. So this was a clean install of all the software and drivers outlined in the thread.

My issue is that now when i load WoW my system goes straight to a blue screen and restarts. I have been able to once load the game up without an issue and the graphics were awesome while it worked, comparable to my gaming system at home. Previous to this before i reformatted i could play WoW without an issue but the graphics were truly horrible and the fps was in since digits.

I cant actually lower any graphics in WoW itself anymore, i think the game automatically detects what the best settings are. Most of them are actually on low or moderate anyway.

I know that my system is meant for playing games, I just like to this laptop for a few games when i eed to waste time in between lectures etc.

So does anyone have any advice at to what i can do to fix the bluescreen?

System info:
Toshiba Satellite P300
Vista ultimate 32bit
direct x 11
intel core 2 duo : T9300 @ 2.5Ghz
3Gb ram (for some reason there is actually 4gb installed although 32bit cant use it all)
ATI Radeon Mobility HD 3650 (Catalyst 11.9 installed)

Thankyou in advance.

Solution

gnomio

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2011

Please download this
http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/bluescreenview_setup.exe

Install it

run the executable file - BlueScreenView.exe
After running BlueScreenView, it automatically scans your MiniDump folder and display all crash details in the upper pane.

It will look almost like this
bluescreenview.gif

Now give me the file names showing in red

Solution

evio

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2011
Update: I ran a chdsk, after which i was able to load WoW and was in the game for about 5min. My toon sat in one spot for 5min, so there was no new content apart from the stuff i loaded into in the first place. But then i just bluescreened again for no apparent reason, there was no loading or anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.