Skyrim Settings

theitaliansico

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2011
"The recommended specs let you play on High, not on Ultra," he said. "You'll want a beefier rig for that." He later said that Bethesda doesn't plan on releasing a spec list for the "Ultra" setting.

To meet the recommended PC specification, you'll need the following:

Windows 7/Vista/XP PC (32 or 64 bit)
Processor: Quad-core Intel or AMD CPU
4 GB System RAM
6 GB free HDD space
DirectX 9 compatible NVIDIA or AMD ATI video card with 1GB of RAM (Nvidia GeForce GTX 260 or higher; ATI Radeon 4890 or higher).
DirectX compatible sound card
Internet access for Steam activation
All i want to know is if i can run the elder scrolls skyrim on ULTRA on a 21.5 inch alienware monitor on 1920x1080 resoultion.
Here are my specs
i7 2600@3.4
8 gb of ram
GTX 560 1GB GDDR5 Superclocked by EVGA
THX tru studio sound card
WINDOWS 7
its a dell xps 8300
my rig runs BF3 on high settings on 1920x1080 with a bit of a struggle but still smooth performance.

Since they did not release specs for running on ULTRA there is no way to know before the game is released what it will take to run on Ultra so there is no way anyone can tell you with certainty whether any system will run on Ultra settings (also depends on what they consider Ultra settings) -- So just wait until the game releases and some more details are available on what the ULTRA setting actually is and what kind of system it takes to run at that setting.

Djentleman

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2011

+1