Want to remove firewall that router has created

Tech UNsavvy

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2011
I want to hide my IP Address, and have been successfully using Easy-Hide-IP.com to do this...until I hooked up a wireless router to our computer last night.

I'm receiving a message that says, "Your Wireless Router is creating a firewall which is preventing Easy-Hide-IP from working properly." I'm also getting constant pop-up messages from McAfee with warnings about internet security.

Solutions to restore my IP anonymity using Easy-Hide-IP.com, while still maintaining protection from Spyware or Malware issues?

Thank you!
confused and Tech-UNsavvy...

The problem, despite what the error message says, is not the router.

What Easy-Hide-IP does is setup a local proxy on port 4021. It then reconfigures Internet Explorer and Firefox (if you have it installed) to use that proxy. But your local firewall is blocking the proxy from setting itself up on port 4021. As a result, the proxy complains and just assumes it’s your router, when in fact it's really your local firewall.

The solution is easy, just open the proxy's port on your local firewall. As I said, it shows up as port 4021 for me, I presume it would be the same for everyone else.

Tryharder

Honorable
May 6, 2012

Did you fine a workable solution because I'm having the same issue.