Windows Version on the Desktop

King

In the bottom right corner of my XP Pro desktop is the
Build/Version/Service Pack number. How do I get rid of
it?

King

Hi,

Open up the registry editor (Start/Run REGEDIT) and navigate to:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop

On the right pane, double click on the value names 'PaintDesktopVersion' and change the data from 1 to 0 (zero). Click
OK and close the registry editor. Restart your computer for changes to take effect.

--

Anando
Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User

Folder customizations