Solution
I've been looking around for the same kind of thing! The thing is that most noise (from what I gathered) doesn't necessarily come from CASE fans.. but GPU and/or CPU fans. A stock CPU fan doesn't give a lot of noise (I think), but from your budget, I'm assuming you're overclocking and have a non-stock fan. Silent case fans are generally helpful, but not if the case has a bunch of holes all over the place that allow the GPU fans to emit a lot of noise that gets through.

To solve that problem, I've seen quite a few cases with foam padding on the inside. While that may be excessive, (Fractal R3) a good idea would be to get a case that doesn't have many holes (except for the ones necessary for airflow). Commonly, a lot of noise comes out...

whatsthatnoise

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2011
Neither of them is really supposed to be used for a quiet PC.

After all noise comes from fans. Fans can be controlled. I'd say they are pretty equally capable of being a quiet system with some time spent on it.

However, the 600T already has a fan control on board, the Switch does not. NZXT builts really nice looking, quality fan controls to fix this. :)

ddan49

Honorable
Mar 13, 2012
I've been looking around for the same kind of thing! The thing is that most noise (from what I gathered) doesn't necessarily come from CASE fans.. but GPU and/or CPU fans. A stock CPU fan doesn't give a lot of noise (I think), but from your budget, I'm assuming you're overclocking and have a non-stock fan. Silent case fans are generally helpful, but not if the case has a bunch of holes all over the place that allow the GPU fans to emit a lot of noise that gets through.

To solve that problem, I've seen quite a few cases with foam padding on the inside. While that may be excessive, (Fractal R3) a good idea would be to get a case that doesn't have many holes (except for the ones necessary for airflow). Commonly, a lot of noise comes out of unused fan mounts. The R3 solves this problem by covering unused fan mounts. It apparently has fairly good airflow, as well.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS