Sign in with
Your question

Best Motheroard for around $250

Last response: in Motherboards
a b à CPUs
February 6, 2013 4:05:08 AM

In October (http://goo.gl/dm8GJ), Tom's Hardware picked the GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UP5 TH as the 'Recommended Buy' for a motherboard. Its currently selling on NewEgg @ $239.99.
Is that still the best board for that price range?
I'm currently pricing parts to update my aging system (I'm still rocking an Athlon X2 CPU) and buying an Intel Core i5-3570K CPU & G.SKILL Ares Series 8GB of memory. I'm using my old case and cpu, and i have a Geforce GTX 470 graphics card.
Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.

Thanks

More about : motheroard 250

a b V Motherboard
a b à CPUs
February 6, 2013 3:09:11 PM

I still think that at that price point the GA-Z77x-UP5-TH is the best boards out there. Its a cost effective boards that has load of USB 3.0 ports, great looks, all of gigabyte's features and thunderbolt. It is also a great overclocker. It has Ultra Durable 5 technology which increases the lifespan and helps on OCing unlike the predecessors (GA-Z77X-UD5H) which has Ultra Durable 4 technology...

The only other option that is comparable is the Asus P8Z77 V Pro Thunderbolt. Its basically a Asus Z77 Pro board with thunderbolt... the only advantage here is that it has a WiFi module (what Asus call "WiFi GO!").

Since both are the same price, id go with the UP5-TH.

m
l
!