Screensaver won't come on

The screensaver won't come on. I've checked the
settings,and the preview comes on okay. I've recently
installed a new video card as well as Doom 3, and I've
adjusted the screen resolution accordingly, but
otherwise, there have been no drastic changes to the
computer. Is there a maximum screen resolution before
the screensaver won't work, or might there be something
else I've done to disable the screensaver from
automatically cutting on?

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;326719
Screen Saver May Not Start in Windows XP

http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_s.htm#ss
Troubleshooting Screen Saver Issues in XP

"Pizen" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> The screensaver won't come on. I've checked the
> settings,and the preview comes on okay. I've recently
> installed a new video card as well as Doom 3, and I've
> adjusted the screen resolution accordingly, but
> otherwise, there have been no drastic changes to the
> computer. Is there a maximum screen resolution before
> the screensaver won't work, or might there be something
> else I've done to disable the screensaver from
> automatically cutting on?

automaton2

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2011
Try this make sure screensaver settings you reset and remember settings
press f8 go into safe mode
reset and remember your screensaver settings hit apply ok
reboot
It works for me :bounce:

Please look at the date of the post you replied to. Although if this person was sitting at their computer for 6 years waiting for this, you just made them very happy.