Sign in with
Your question

Nvidia g210 over heating.

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
October 26, 2011 5:18:51 PM

for some strange reason my graphics card is going over 90 C or 200 F even tho im just surfing the net. im opened the cpu case kept it under fan still its not cooling down. rest of temperatures (CPU,mother board ) are in 47 - 55 range. is something wrong with my graphic card ? :( 

More about : nvidia g210 heating

a c 253 U Graphics card
October 26, 2011 5:43:22 PM

How long have you had it ?Is the fan working on the card ? Not a good idea to keep running it at 90c and since your other components are at near normal temps I would suspect that the card is either not being cooled correctly or it is failing. You can try removing the heat sink and reapplying thermal paste. Can you clean around the heatsink , maybe a vaccum or canned air.
m
l
October 26, 2011 5:48:58 PM

inzone said:
How long have you had it ?Is the fan working on the card ? Not a good idea to keep running it at 90c and since your other components are at near normal temps I would suspect that the card is either not being cooled correctly or it is failing. You can try removing the heat sink and reapplying thermal paste. Can you clean around the heatsink , maybe a vaccum or canned air.

i bought that card in march 2010 so 1 and half years and 1 more thing i forgot to address is when ever i switch on my pc the cards fan doesn't turn on i have to turn it with something. :pfff: 
m
l
Related resources
a c 253 U Graphics card
October 26, 2011 5:54:41 PM

It does sound like it needs a good cleaning and that fan could be the source of your problem because it could be stopping without you noticeing it.
m
l
October 26, 2011 5:57:28 PM

inzone said:
It does sound like it needs a good cleaning and that fan could be the source of your problem because it could be stopping without you noticeing it.

i tried removing the card completely and cleaned the fan with brush still having same problem. can i just replace that fan or can there be a problem in the card itself ?
m
l
November 9, 2012 7:16:11 AM

i had the same issue my gpu g210 temprature went on increasing to 100 c and it becomes very hot at idle running plzz someone help i dont what is the issue with that
m
l
!