Overusing the system speaker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chappy

Honorable
Feb 6, 2013
I made a batch file to copy all my floppy disks onto my HDD, and I wanted to add a Beep to the .cmd, so that it would give a system beep whenever it wants me to insert the next disk. I don't know if the motherboard speaker is designed to handle that much traffic, though. Is it possible to damage it from too much use?

Solution
In basic programming class I know people use the system speaker for all kinds of stuff like this, should not be a big deal. Our lab computers ran all kinds of alerts through the system speakers and they were like 5-8 years old with students treating them poorly all day long. I imagine this would decrease the overall lifespan just like increasing the use on any piece of hardware would, but I don't think it would be the first thing to fail on your system and they are really cheap to buy and replace.

andrewsbarton

Honorable
Feb 6, 2013
In basic programming class I know people use the system speaker for all kinds of stuff like this, should not be a big deal. Our lab computers ran all kinds of alerts through the system speakers and they were like 5-8 years old with students treating them poorly all day long. I imagine this would decrease the overall lifespan just like increasing the use on any piece of hardware would, but I don't think it would be the first thing to fail on your system and they are really cheap to buy and replace.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.