Your question

Micro ATX or not ?

Tags:
  • Motherboards
  • ATX
Last response: in Motherboards
February 6, 2013 10:59:33 AM

Hello,

I'm looking for a Motherboard for my new configuration.

I was just wondering the difference between M-AX and ATX, except the size ?

If I choose a Micro ATX, what shall I think about, CPU, GPU and case wise ?

the price is cheaper thanATX, but performance wise, anything ?

For instance, I was looking for that one : http://www.msi.com/product/mb/B75MA-E33.html

It looks like good. I know that the B75 famili chipset does not have the Intel rapid storage, nor smart report technology and Intel Vpro. But are those features really necessary ?

The aim of my computer is mainly playing, without being hardcore gamer to game such as World of Warcraft, and maybe from time to time Battelfield 3 ..

More about : micro atx

a b V Motherboard
February 6, 2013 11:21:03 AM

You are fine with that case. Being a gamer myself only things that I care for in a motherboard is high ram frequency support, Sata 3 support and a pcie x16 slot for a pgraphics card.
February 6, 2013 11:26:50 AM

and for the micro ATX format, no requirements such as fto fin da GPU for Micro ATX (if it exists ^^) or something like that ?
Related resources
a c 120 V Motherboard
February 6, 2013 11:28:49 AM

Berberis said:
It looks like good. I know that the B75 famili chipset does not have the Intel rapid storage, nor smart report technology and Intel Vpro. But are those features really necessary ?

No, they're only necessary if you have some specific requirement. For a regular gaming machine they're not necessary at all.

As for mATX, the mATX boards often have fewer features than the ATX versions, but there usually isn't any performance difference. Overclocking may be more restricted with mATX boards though, since they often cut down the VRMs.
a b V Motherboard
February 6, 2013 11:30:21 AM

Berberis said:
fto fin da GPU

What does that mean? There is no restriction on a gpu. Problems may occur if you put the motherboard on a small case.
a c 120 V Motherboard
February 6, 2013 11:31:15 AM

Berberis said:
and for the micro ATX format, no requirements such as fto fin da GPU for Micro ATX (if it exists ^^) or something like that ?

The mATX and ATX boards use the same ports and connectors for pretty much everything, graphics cards, power, RAM...

The only difference is the size and what motherboard standoffs you mount it with in the case.
February 6, 2013 11:36:20 AM

ok then....

As I'm not keen of O/C, I can go for that "style"

Thanks a lot !