Green video capture problem

obiwan

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2001
Dear All,
I have an ASUS AGP-V7700 Deluxe video card with my VCR connected to the S-video in port on the card via a composite input adaptor. During "live mode" - as they call it, I can watch the video normally on my screen; but when I capture it to an AVI file, the output AVI's contents are all solid-green frames.
My PC is a Pentium 3 800EB, 128Mb RAM, 45GB HDD running in Ultra ATA mode; OS is Win98 Second Edition.
If any1 knows what si wrong please let me know because I've looked EVERYWHERE for an answer and couldn't find one.

Regards,
Obiwan

G

you MUST use ASUS drivers for capture to work properly (I know firsthand). You won't get the 'benefits' of the Nvidia drivers, but at least you'll be able to capture stuff (I'm using v6.31 ASUS drivers on my V6800DLX and they work great for all games/video). I noticed the green when I switched over to the Nvidia drivers so I'm assuming that's the problem...?

obiwan

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2001
Thanks for your reply. The thing is, I have tried ASUS drivers as well. When I put the PC together, I used the drivers on the CD that came with my gfx card (ASUS drivers, "ASUS Live!" capturing utility. I then moved to nVidia drivers to get better game performance - still green captures; I then d/l "latest" (it's quite difficult to navigate the ASUS site) drivers - still green captures. I'll look into getting every possible driver & trying that out, but if you (or anyone) can think of any other factors causing this problem, I'd be grateful for any assistance.

-Obiwan