frankc123

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2012
OK so when i play bf 3 and i am trying to do something percisly, like on a zoomed in scope i will try to move it to exactly on a object and it will skip around the point and not let me get exactly on what i want it to. Its kindof hard to explain but hopefully someone gets it. The question is... Is this issue related to the quality of the mouse or is it just generic when gaming. If its the quality of the mouse i will buy a better one. I am also using a wireless laser mouse, not really a cheap one though. Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated.

I use a Logitech G500 which allows you to change the DPI setting with a touch of a button. If you want to snipe someone, then lowering the DPI setting can help improve your accuracy.

High DPI = mouse pointer / view will move a lot when the mouse is moved a little.
Low DPI = mouse pointer / view will move less when the mouse is moved.

The G500 can store up to 5 DPI settings. I have mine as follows:

DPI 5000 - I don't really use this setting
DPI 2600 - Normal setting in both games and desktop
DPI 1800 - I use this when sniping
DPI 800 - I use this when sniping for finer control
DPI 400 - I don't really use this setting

frankc123

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2012
ok lets make sure we are on the same page. say you have

1-2-3
4-5-6
7-8-9

Numbers represent pixels...
Say 5 was the object to get to, i can go over 9-7-3-1 but not inbetween. So the center it wont... i guess center on. Are we still talking about DPI here? Or just the nature of the beast. Keep in mind we are talking on a very very small scale. 12x zoom on scope on bf3.

thoooor

Honorable
Mar 31, 2012
I think your issue is "pixel skipping" it happens and depend of the mouse sensor quality, or maybe you were unlucky and had the 1% sensor with this problem.

Do you have a laser mouse ? laser mouse are known for having more case of pixel skipping, due to mouse acceleration being enable on a lot of laser mouse, and not on optical ones.

You may check the difference between laser and optical : http://www.whichgamingmouse.com/opticalvslaser