(First Build) pc won't POST

bensanders

Honorable
Mar 30, 2012
Alright, I'm having a lot of difficulty with my first build. I figured that with the research and oversight I've done I could do this on my own, but now I'm pulling out my hairs trying to figure out what's wrong.

What I have:

Motherboard: Intel DP67DE
Processor: Intel Core i5-2400 3.10 GHz 6 MB Cache Socket LGA1155
RAM: Corsair XMS3 8 GB (2 x 4GB) 1333 MHz PC3-10666 240-Pin DDR3 Memory
HD: Western Digital Caviar Blue 500 GB SATA III 7200 RPM 16 MB Cache Bulk/OEM Desktop Hard Drive
Graphics Card: ASUS EAH6670/DIS/1GD5 Radeon HD 6670 GDDR5 1 GB Video Card
Case: iMicro ATX Mid Tower Case
PSU: 400W Power Supply, w/ 1x 24pin connector & 2x SATA Connectors

I was pretty sure everything I had purchased was compatible.

What is wrong:

I have EVERYTHING plugged in correctly (I've used multiple eyes to quadruple check). Lights turn on, fans spin, but nothing will show on my monitor, which after intensive research I think I've come to the conclusion that it's not POSTing. When I turn on the CPU, no beeps are heard.

What I've done:
I've tried breadboarding and have come up with the same effect on every attempt.
I've tried the RAM issues by using one RAM in a DIMM at a time, using both RAMs.. Nothing. Of course, I tried with none and got the 3-beep indicator, knowing that would happen.
I've tried the BIOS cfg changes by moving the BIOS over a pin
I've tried resetting the CMOS and using a screwdriver to jump it.
I've tried every possible forum guide on here and other websites I could and still come up with the same results.
No wires are touching anything they shouldn't, there are no screws running about on the MOBO.
I've tried multiple monitors and multiple VGA cables.

I believe that is all I've tried. All of these parts are brand new and I followed every careful step I knew of. What am I doing wrong? What can I do to fix this problem? GAHH! If you have no conclusion, thanks for at least taking the time to read.

kalel786

Honorable
Mar 30, 2012
400w power supply is the absolute minimum needed for that card. You should always have more than you need.

I notice that you don't specify what brand of power supply it is, does it not have one? If so, then that's the problem, those fake power supplies provide less power than they say they do.

Starting with the easiest.

When you moved your jumper did you move them back to the original position confirming that the position is the one the manual suggests. ABSOLUTELY positive that was the three pin CMOS and not some other Jumper. Seen some boards these days that come with 2 or 3 apart from all the other leads.

bensanders

Honorable
Mar 30, 2012
@kalel786: The power supply is iMicro, came with the case. My initial conclusion and still the one I am left with is that it is indeed the power supply. I figured I'd ask and get opinions before I went out and bought another, ya know? It did bug me when I started looking at PSU problems and couldn't come up with much on iMicro, but I guess that's how you learn, right? Heh.

@aquielisunari: I moved the jumper back to the original position and yes I was absolutely sure it was the same.