Multiple-users

August 30, 2004 6:53:33 PM

I have a system with XP Pro installed with only 1 user with admin
privilages. I want to restrict my younger siblings from Installing OR
Uninstalling any kind of Games/Softwares or any other application. Moreover,
I dont want to create seperate account for everybody as it will create many
blank folders of My Doc, My Music, My Pic etc. It doesnt look nice & hard to
understand.

Simple. Whatever I install on the system should be available for everybody
but nobody can install anything without my will.

Is there any procedure available in Win XP....like Stop Installation Service
or restrict it by Password?

Murtaza

More about : multiple users

Anonymous
August 31, 2004 8:06:19 AM

Murtaza wrote:
> I have a system with XP Pro installed with only 1 user with admin
> privilages. I want to restrict my younger siblings from Installing OR
> Uninstalling any kind of Games/Softwares or any other application.
> Moreover, I dont want to create seperate account for everybody as it
> will create many blank folders of My Doc, My Music, My Pic etc. It
> doesnt look nice & hard to understand.
>
> Simple. Whatever I install on the system should be available for
> everybody but nobody can install anything without my will.
>
> Is there any procedure available in Win XP....like Stop Installation
> Service or restrict it by Password?
>
> Murtaza

This would defeat the whole purpose of using a multi-user operating system?
Any change you make to the system can be undone by anyone else if they are
able to log in to the same admin account that initiated the changes.

--
Regards,

Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP