Issues with onboard sound C5FZ

Status
Not open for further replies.

L5132

Honorable
Jan 7, 2013
First, let me clarify that I am quite sure I caused this problem. I was having issues getting sound to output to my HDMI output on my HD 5870, so I disabled all the other outputs through playback devices. This was working fine for a few days, and I could switch back to other options, but now playback devices, AND device manager, will not detect anything but the AMD HDMI audio output. I would consider disabling that just to test, but if that had the same issue, I would have to either find a solution or reinstall everything.... So what could cause my PC to not detect the audio devices? Also, I tried updating the drivers after I had this issue for the onboard sound off of the Asus site, with no luck. This is a rather annoying problem, as the speakers built into the monitor are underwhelming, and I was going to use it with my (non-HDMI) surround sound system, using the optical out, but can't at the moment. Thanks in advance, L5 :/

Solution
Go in to the sound menu in contoll panel and right click "show dissabled devices" your sound device should show up, if not open device manager and look for the device, if none of these work check to make sure the audio device is not dissabled in the bios. I believe that it is under advaced, onboard device configuration.

kansasboy001

Honorable
Feb 6, 2013
Go in to the sound menu in contoll panel and right click "show dissabled devices" your sound device should show up, if not open device manager and look for the device, if none of these work check to make sure the audio device is not dissabled in the bios. I believe that it is under advaced, onboard device configuration.

Solution

L5132

Honorable
Jan 7, 2013

Sorry, forgot to mention that I do have it checked/right clicked, it will not display. I also had device manager scan for new hardware in case that would do anything, but no luck. I will check the bios in a bit, thanks.

EDIT: Ok, yeah it was disabled in the BIOS... Odd, I never touched that part except reading all of it. All the settings seemed fine to me. Don't see how messing with OCing would have messed that up, but whatever, it works now. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.