Faulty graphics card or not? gtx 550 ti

mindwarper11

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2011
Ive been reading up and the only fix to the problem im about to post seems to be to replace it, as everyone seems to get a defective card.,..
now first off here are my system specs,

MSI 870-G45 mainboard
4x4gb ddr3 ram
corsair cx500 builder series v2 powr supply
amd phenom x6 processor

all on a windows 7 ultimate 64bit

and now the problem
nvidia geforce gtx 550ti

heres the thing, I have everything else installed (everything was basically replaced, my graphics card a geforce 7600 i beleive, went out on me and I found an old old graphics card (dont know which kind but it was a downgrade obviously) as a temporary replacement, well I never got the money to replace till one day (in a galaxy far far away) anyways, since I never replaced it for months I one day watced in horror as even my crappy motherboard (dont remember what kind it was, but it was well known for going on the fritz...apparantly) went berzerk....so I got the monney and I replaced my motherboard and video card

motherboard replaced fine with the above mainboard.
ddr was okay, as was the phenom x6
got the gtx550ti and realized i needed a new powe supply, well I got it...funny thing is...
is still not being recognized by windows...its not showingup and instead windows keeps installing standard vga graphics...

I wanted to check with other people before I registered, and sent it in asking for a replacement...
is there any other problem it could be aside from faulty graphics card. I already know its not incompatible with anything else I have (unless somehow it doesnt work with my x6 processor)

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE SAVE MY POOR SOUL (AND COMPUTER)
and thank you, have a nice day.

Hello... yes download the latest Nvidia drivers program for your Video card and operating system... its a big file.. there will be multi-drivers that will want to load...and take multiable re-boots... due to the media and audio features of that card...

You might want to disable your on-board audio to keep drivers from getting crossed up with your audio drivers.

mindwarper11

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2011
thanks, id actually thought about that, its just it was such a big file, and my internet...right now (hughes net) I had to wake up at 3am for unlimited speed to get the file. the other night, Im glad you mentioned it though because Id forgotten about that. I dont understand why the would give a disk with drivers that was not compatible with the graphics card( looked up the details on them it was the next driver up that was compatible) so thank you, thank you, thank you.