PSU CoolerMaster RP-500w-PCAR

vivek

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2007
hi, iam a new user on Tomshardware forum, i jus bought a new systm, my PSU CoolerMaster RP-500w-PCAR, it has 2 12v rails both 16a, so what does it mean hw do i calculate its total wattage on 12v rails and combined ampere rating, plz Help!

mike99

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2006
Check the rating label. If it gives a Max Wattage on the 12V rails, divide by 12 foe Max current on the two rails, it will probably be less than 32A. Video cards give the requires 12V rail capacity.

Mike.

vivek

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2007
replying for my own thread.....you can get the approx wattage consumption if you have a UPS with data cable provision to it (like APC), it gives you the total consumption at any given point but if you are ready to experiment further then you could pullout the either of the 12v rails and get an approx load between the peak & minimum consumption, do this by plugging (APC data cable) to another comp while your are experimenting on the other system also you could detach the monitor and ohter devices off the UPS/system you are experimenting with so that you get a close to accurate figures.