Desktop Items lock into place?

Brian

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2003

I'm trying to move around icons and shortcuts on my
desktop, but I can't just place them wherever I
want...they "lock" into place in rows and columns. Is
there a way to turn off this "feature" so I can put
things where I want them? Thanks.

Right click the desktop|arrange icons by and uncheck align to grid.