Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

2 7850S CORSAIR CX600 V2

Last response: in Components
Share
March 31, 2012 3:10:11 AM

just wonderin if i can run 2 7850s on my psu
i do not know much about psus but i think i might no enought because one rail is 480 watts and i think thats for the gpu cpu motherboard while on another rail there i think there is around 100 watss for the hdds fans and the molex plugs and a adittional 10 watss for i dont no

so if im right and using this link from guru 3d http://www.guru3d.com/article/amd-radeon-hd-7850-and-78...
the 7850 only draws 274 in full load so i think adding another card whill takee at the maximum 130 watss soo
247 plus 130 = 404 so i will have 80 watss to spare

so would i be safe and thanks in advance and sorry for the bad spelling im trying to learn ow to spell really fast

More about : 7850s corsair cx600

a b ) Power supply
March 31, 2012 3:11:54 AM

I wouldn't want to try since that's cutting it real close. Maybe even too close for comfort. U can try and see if it works fine but i'll be hesitant myself. If you can afford it, get a quality 750w psu from corsair, xfx, seasonic, or antec and relegate the cx600v2 as backup or to a spare.
March 31, 2012 3:18:34 AM

lilotimz said:
I wouldn't want to try since that's cutting it real close. Maybe even too close for comfort. U can try and see if it works fine but i'll be hesitant myself. If you can afford it, get a quality 750w psu from corsair, xfx, seasonic, or antec and relegate the cx600v2 as backup or to a spare.

wow i did not no 80 watts is to close
Related resources
a b ) Power supply
March 31, 2012 4:02:58 AM

If the power consumption is more than 80% of the stated output of the psu... than yah i consider that 'close'

But it doesn't hurt to try! Just don't try to any insane overclocks.
a c 1109 ) Power supply
March 31, 2012 4:26:52 AM

For a system using two Radeon HD 7850 graphics cards in 2-way CrossFireX mode AMD specifies a minimum of a 600 Watt or greater power supply. The power supply should also have a combined +12 Volt continuous current rating of 32 Amps or greater and have at least two 6-pin PCI Express supplementary power connectors.

Total Power Supply Wattage is NOT the crucial factor in power supply selection!!! Total Continuous Amperage Available on the +12V Rail(s) is the most important factor.

The Corsair Builder Series CX600 V2 (CMPSU-600CXV2), with its combined +12 Volt continuous current rating of 40 Amps and with two (6+2)-pin PCI Express supplementary power connectors, is sufficient to power your system configuration with two Radeon HD 7850 in 2-way CrossFire mode.
March 31, 2012 4:33:28 AM

lilotimz said:
If the power consumption is more than 80% of the stated output of the psu... than yah i consider that 'close'

But it doesn't hurt to try! Just don't try to any insane overclocks.

nah i dont overclock its to scary maybe when im older and also the test bech form the guru 3d was this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=19-116-...

while my intel i3 2120 only gets to 65 wats max while the one used in the testbench was 130 so does that help at all also i no there will be some botlenecking either way im sure it would give me plus 50 fps on ultra in battlefield 3
March 31, 2012 4:34:51 AM

ko888 said:
For a system using two Radeon HD 7850 graphics cards in 2-way CrossFireX mode AMD specifies a minimum of a 600 Watt or greater power supply. The power supply should also have a combined +12 Volt continuous current rating of 32 Amps or greater and have at least two 6-pin PCI Express supplementary power connectors.

Total Power Supply Wattage is NOT the crucial factor in power supply selection!!! Total Continuous Amperage Available on the +12V Rail(s) is the most important factor.

The Corsair Builder Series CX600 V2 (CMPSU-600CXV2), with its combined +12 Volt continuous current rating of 40 Amps and with two (6+2)-pin PCI Express supplementary power connectors, is sufficient to power your system configuration with two Radeon HD 7850 in 2-way CrossFire mode.


oh thats cool thanks for your help
a c 1109 ) Power supply
March 31, 2012 4:39:25 AM

andY biersack said:
oh thats cool thanks for your help

You're welcome.

Since you're not overclocking, the Corsair Builder Series CX600 V2 (CMPSU-600CXV2) will be more than enough capacity for your needs.
!