I couldn't figure this out for months ! help

Toshibian Mess

Honorable
Feb 7, 2013
i own a Toshiba laptop p770 with an i7-2670qm processor and an intel hd graphics 3000 with an nvidia gt 540m and 6gb of ram ...

i started noticing some lag and freezes in video games ( the image stops for 2 seconds and sound loops ) in some half life based games, in other games ( pretty much any other game ) there was no obvious freezing but the sound was sometimes off and the background music sometimes stops for 2 seconds more or less not to mention awkward dialog timing and freezes ...
i also noticed that windows was getting laggy too ... i first thought it was a virus but i returned my laptop to factory settings 3 times formatting everything and scanning with different antiviruses and the problem is still there, i went as far as installing another os ( windows 8 ) and it's the same deal with games and with the os too, i use adobe premiere and it was laggy as well and so was the windows media player, may i also add that all the drivers were up to date

i did a dust clean to the inside of the laptop, and that didn't work, the fans were running , the cpu was at regular temperature during gaming and so was the gpu
the ram and hard drive looked fine on the resource monitor ... i tried using another sound card, but that didn't work either

for the moment i can live with those issues because i can use the internet and watch youtube videos just fine
i have no idea what to do and buying another laptop isn't an option ! i'm new to this forum , so i'm sorry if i did anything wrong ...

Toshibian Mess

Honorable
Feb 7, 2013
this is not a half life problem, it's on every single game, and half life games used to work fine before, besides even windows has the lag issues that i mentioned, you clearly didn't read the topic at all