Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Asus, Gygabite or MSI?

Last response: in Motherboards
Share
February 7, 2013 2:34:19 PM

So i have to choose one between this three MBs:

Asus P8H61-M LK R2.0 Intel H61 SK1155

Gigabyte H61M-DS2 Intel H61 SK1155

Msi H61M-P20 (G3) Intel H61 SK1155

Witch one should i choose?

In the specifications of the motherboards, only the asus one say it is compatible with both 32nm and 22nm processors, are the other ones compatible with both the 32nm and 2nm?

Thank you

More about : asus gygabite msi

a c 75 V Motherboard
a b Ĉ ASUS
a b å Intel
February 7, 2013 3:02:58 PM

Compatibility between these boards and the 2nd (32nm) and 3rd generation (22nm) Intel® Core™ processors comes down to Bios updates that were released this time last year. Now understand that you wont get the full functionality with all of the 3rd generation Intel Core processors with the H61 chipset since it doesnt support PCI-E 3.0. So as long as they have a Bios update since about mid-Jan. of last year you are in good shape for support for the 3rd generation Intel Core processors.
February 7, 2013 3:14:46 PM

So no matter what i choose, if i have them upgraded all of them will work nice with both 32 and 22nm right?
Witch MB should i choose? :x
Related resources
a b V Motherboard
a b Ĉ ASUS
February 7, 2013 3:20:14 PM

What CPU, GPU, RAM, hard drives, etc... will you be using with the motherboard? Recommending one without a complete picture could lead to issues....
February 7, 2013 3:29:07 PM

ronintexas said:
What CPU, GPU, RAM, hard drives, etc... will you be using with the motherboard? Recommending one without a complete picture could lead to issues....



I will be using a Pentium G860 CPU, Asus DCT GTX 650 with 4Gb RAM 1333MHz and a a simple SATA 300gb hard drive that i dont remember now :x
February 7, 2013 3:31:34 PM

IntelEnthusiast said:
Now understand that you wont get the full functionality with all of the 3rd generation Intel Core processors with the H61 chipset since it doesnt support PCI-E 3.0.


All this MBs say they support PCI-E 3.0 :??: 
a c 75 V Motherboard
a b Ĉ ASUS
a b å Intel
February 7, 2013 3:39:50 PM

In order to support PCI-E 3.0 you must have a processor that supports it. With the 22nm Intel® Core™ i3s, Intel Pentium® and Intel Celeron®, they don't support PCI-E 3.0 only the Intel Core i5's and Intel Core i7 at 22nm do that.
February 7, 2013 3:43:36 PM

IntelEnthusiast said:
In order to support PCI-E 3.0 you must have a processor that supports it. With the 22nm Intel® Core™ i3s, Intel Pentium® and Intel Celeron®, they don't support PCI-E 3.0 only the Intel Core i5's and Intel Core i7 at 22nm do that.



OH now i understand! thanks a lot for your help!
!