pro xxx assassin

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2011
Hi guys ive posted alot here and you've all been a big help but it's that time to final buy the pc :)
I will have around £750 with christmas money i get so it's not a very leanant budjet - sorry - But i may be able to push £800 but as low as possible if it can help :) Hopefully it will help with the boxing day sales hence why i have come to rush to it now. Please bare in mind i need windows 7 as most people forget :p

System Usage : Gaming(playing all top new games on high settings - main reason for buying), video editing (just call of duty for youtube), general usage (browsing, school work etc.)

Parts Not Required: keyboard, mouse, monitor, speakers

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: no preference

Overclocking: Maybe

SLI or Crossfire: Maybe - not at the moment but may in the future.

Monitor Resolution: Cant find out at the moment sorry - but i play on a 22 inch.

Current Pc thoughts:

CPU : I5 2500K
Motherboard : Not sure
RAM : 8GB Corsair Vengeance
Graphics : Asus GTX 560TI - £168
Case : HAF 912 - £62
PSU : Antec TruePower New Modular 650W - £60
(Im proberbly going to get a scan bundle (providing i know the motherboard) for the motherboard, cpu and ram) Such as : Intel Core i5 2500K + 8GB (2x4GB) Corsair DDR3 Vengeance Jet Black + Gigabyte GA-Z68AP-D3 - £ 280
CPU Cooler : Artic freezer 7 - £15
HDD - around £80 (dam the floods!)

Total - £735

Anything i missed? If you could give me some advice on componets and if this system would actually work i would be very grateful thanks - reece.

Andre2807

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2011
Get yourself a good Z68 board.

Asus P8P67 Pro (ATX)
or
Asus Maximus Gene Z (Micro ATX)

They're about the same price. The Maximus beats the P67 in overclocking, while the P67 is of course bigger, and have more stuff like SATA and USB ports.

The Maximus Gene Z is still the best micro ATX board available. So its your choice.
The best micro ATX vs the popular P8P67 Pro

pro xxx assassin

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2011

thanks, what would you personally recommend as i suppose at the end of the day they are both good boards. just wondering you mentioned it has better overclocking, since im new to it is this speed or ease of doing it :L - you can tell im no expert i bet im talking out my arse :p

Andre2807

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2011

Personally, if you want bragging rights at an affordable price, the Maximus is the way to go. Also, its great for smaller cases which is best for LAN parties and such. Thanx to the friendly EFI BIOS, overclocking is as easy as pie. I don't have such a board myself, but from what I've read, overclocking via the EFI BIOS is extremely easy.