Sign in with
Your question

Z77 extreme4 beeps and codes....Please help

Last response: in Motherboards
February 7, 2013 4:06:01 PM

So I'm a first time PC builder and I put together the following PC this past weekend:

ASRock Z77 Extreme 4
Intel i5 3750k
EVGA GeForce GTX 660 Ti
WD Black 1TB HDD
OCZ Vector 128GB SSD
Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2x8GB) 1600HZ Memory
Corsair HX650 Pro PSU
LG Black 14xBD-R 2xBD-RE

I was able to successfully install the OS onto the SSD and a few other applications. It seemed like everything was fine but I began to notice beeps from the case when I was idle at the Windows Desktop (4-8 beeps in rapid succession). I noticed upon boot up that I received the following codes:

4F - DXE IPL is started
b2 - Legacy Option ROM Initialization
A2 - IDE Detect

I did some web searches and decided to double check and make sure my components were properly seated. Upon opening the case, I pushed down on one side of the GPU and it clicked in completely. (Note: I did not fully reseat it or the memory sticks)

Now when I boot up...I receive the same three codes plus one more:

99 - Super IO Initialization

The beeps come and go - sometimes it will be really consistent (every few minutes) and then sometimes I won't hear it for 20 minutes. Its hard to pin down how many exact beeps there are b/c they change in pitch. Any recommendations?
a b V Motherboard
February 7, 2013 4:25:22 PM

Pull it apart and start with the basics...mobo, 1 stick of ram, GPU, CPU. It should only get to No OS installed or no boot drive detected...
but wait and see if the beeps come..
m
l
Related resources
February 7, 2013 5:31:05 PM

johnnyq1233 said:
Pull it apart and start with the basics...mobo, 1 stick of ram, GPU, CPU. It should only get to No OS installed or no boot drive detected...
but wait and see if the beeps come..

So....I followed your suggestion and SPLAT. Fans spun on a few times, LEDS light up, but CPU fan wouldnt spin. (Case fans are plugged into the PSU) Now I think its safe to say the Mobo is shorted, nothing lights up. Press Power and nothing happens.
m
l
February 11, 2013 10:51:09 PM

On the back press the CLR CMOS button and see if it come on.
m
l
!