Closed Solved

Voting.. what is it, and where are the statistics?

[#0000f0]

I've been here a few months now and have seen some threads have vote buttons with thumbs up/down.

Why do some threads have voting, some don't?
Where do these votes go?
What's in it for the person that gets the most votes good or bad?
Why is there a limit on how many votes that can be cast in one day?
Is it ethical for a person to vote for themselves? (well, if they only vote thumbs up all the time anyway).

Do all question post come with a "Best Answer" button? I see a lot of excellent answers that go unrewarded by people that truly solved some difficult problems (I myself have learned a lot from others).
Should that last question be in it's own thread?
[/#000f0]
6 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about voting statistics
  1. This topic has been moved from the section Windows XP to section Forum Feedback by Grumpy9117
  2. Best answer
    Discussion topics get the thumbs, while question topics have best answers. I think the thumbs top out a 20 up, and at about -5 down the post gets hidden. You cannot thumbs up or down your own post and can only thumbs up and down a post once. There is no limit on the number that can be thumbed up or down in one day, you can go through a 10 page discussion thread and decide on each one i doubt the system would stop you.
  3. Hunter is right on the money, there.
  4. Thanks for the info. I never understood why the thumbs were there sometimes, and sometimes not. Not very observant I guess.
  5. Best answer selected by Tigsounds.
  6. This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Ask a new question

Read More

Tom's Hardware