Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Voting.. what is it, and where are the statistics?

Last response: in Forum Feedback
August 18, 2010 9:45:35 PM

[#0000f0]

I've been here a few months now and have seen some threads have vote buttons with thumbs up/down.

Why do some threads have voting, some don't?
Where do these votes go?
What's in it for the person that gets the most votes good or bad?
Why is there a limit on how many votes that can be cast in one day?
Is it ethical for a person to vote for themselves? (well, if they only vote thumbs up all the time anyway).

Do all question post come with a "Best Answer" button? I see a lot of excellent answers that go unrewarded by people that truly solved some difficult problems (I myself have learned a lot from others).
Should that last question be in it's own thread?
[/#000f0]

More about : voting statistics

Anonymous
August 18, 2010 9:53:55 PM

This topic has been moved from the section Windows XP to section Forum Feedback by Grumpy9117
Score

Best solution

August 19, 2010 1:32:12 AM

Discussion topics get the thumbs, while question topics have best answers. I think the thumbs top out a 20 up, and at about -5 down the post gets hidden. You cannot thumbs up or down your own post and can only thumbs up and down a post once. There is no limit on the number that can be thumbed up or down in one day, you can go through a 10 page discussion thread and decide on each one i doubt the system would stop you.
Related resources
August 19, 2010 2:14:21 PM

Hunter is right on the money, there.
Score
August 19, 2010 2:40:48 PM

Thanks for the info. I never understood why the thumbs were there sometimes, and sometimes not. Not very observant I guess.
Score
August 19, 2010 2:41:24 PM

Best answer selected by Tigsounds.
Score
August 20, 2010 11:23:14 AM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
!