Why wont my laptop connect to a Westell 7500

Fburgess

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2011
I just got a new router/modem from Frontier and the darn thing will not connect. I have a Compaq laptop with Windows 7 64 bit based system. What do I do?

Solution
I am no expert, but I am having issues with my new HP Pavillion laptop. My router connects to another lap top & other devices in the home, but not my new lap top. It runs Windows 7, while the other has Windows XP. I can get a connection, but lose it often while the other lap top has no issues.

Have you tried configuring the router with the tech support help of the router manufacturer? Call their tech support line... HURRY before your tech service warrantty runs out & they try to check you for 70$ for a six month extension.. like they tried with me.
Also check that the router is an "N" series versus on older "G". These routers may not connect with your newer lap top.

Always something, isn't it? Good luck!!

Matty C

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2011
I am no expert, but I am having issues with my new HP Pavillion laptop. My router connects to another lap top & other devices in the home, but not my new lap top. It runs Windows 7, while the other has Windows XP. I can get a connection, but lose it often while the other lap top has no issues.

Have you tried configuring the router with the tech support help of the router manufacturer? Call their tech support line... HURRY before your tech service warrantty runs out & they try to check you for 70$ for a six month extension.. like they tried with me.
Also check that the router is an "N" series versus on older "G". These routers may not connect with your newer lap top.

Always something, isn't it? Good luck!!

Solution

Fburgess

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2011
Thank you. I have been in contact with tech support and I am still having issues. I believe the modem/router that they sent me does not work properly and a new one is forthcoming.