Sign in with
Your question

PC WON"T REBOOT

Last response: in Motherboards
February 7, 2013 5:15:17 PM

last night i restarted my pc and it won't reboot....but the fans r running.......after a while i try to unplug the cable of the hard drive and i start the pc again and it rebooted just fine...i put the cable b in and it still doing ok.....what was the problem?need help here? i am playing dmc, dead space 3 without any issue so far.... played far cry 2 benchmark over 2 hour no reboot issue....

mobo: dg35ec intel

cpu:intel core2 duo e8400

psu:thermaltek though power 600wt

ram: 2gb transend (800 bus ddr2) and 2gb silicon power(800 bus ddr2) dont hv any problem using these 2 rams more nearly 2 years.

gpu: gigabyte radeon hd 6950 1gb

More about : reboot

February 7, 2013 5:23:49 PM

My first guess would be your PSU is at fault. What do you mean by "try to unplug the cable of the hard drive and it booted just fine"? It booted without the hard drive? the primary boot drive..a spare boot drive? what cable did you unplug..the power cable, the sata cable?
February 7, 2013 8:07:01 PM

i mean something shows up in the windows...yes i unplug the both cables
Related resources
February 7, 2013 8:08:35 PM

if the psu is at fault how could i be able to play games....and its still working well for like more than two days..... THANK YOU FOR YOUR REPLY :D 
February 7, 2013 8:16:54 PM

One sign of a dying PSU is it will not power on every time you push the power button. But fans will spin, some lights may light up.
February 8, 2013 5:11:39 AM

o thank you
February 8, 2013 5:12:47 AM

so should i change the psu? because now it seems to running fine
February 8, 2013 11:35:00 AM

I would have it tested or test it myself. There are lots of guides out there to show you how to do this. Remember, the PSU powers everything in your PC. If it goes down, it can take other parts with it.
February 9, 2013 5:32:02 PM

larrym said:
I would have it tested or test it myself. There are lots of guides out there to show you how to do this. Remember, the PSU powers everything in your PC. If it goes down, it can take other parts with it.

can u please give me link of a good guide......
!