Asus M5A99X Not Installing Windows

shobobo

Honorable
Feb 7, 2013
Hi, this is my first post here, so I don't know where this should be posted or anything so please be gentle. Also, sorry for the long essay below. :(

So, I built my PC about a two weeks ago, and installed a pirated copy of Windows 7 while I just tested it out until I bought Windows 7 64-Bit from Amazon. All was working fine with the pirated Windows 7 and it installed quickly through a LiteON USB DVD-RW.
Now that I've got my genuine Windows 7 disk, i tried to install it with the LiteON USB DVD-RW and it doesn't install. I keep on getting to the 'Windows is loading files' screen and then it slows down completely, taking around 10 minutes for it to load through the bar. During this time, the drive makes a noise as though it is going into full spin and then slows down again and half way through it stops altogether while the bar is still loading. At the end of it, it shows a message saying:
"Windows failed to start. ...
File: \windows\system32\boot\winload.exe
I thought this was strange so I tried it with my old pirated version and the same thing happens.
I then looked online and found that the DVD needed to be in IDE format. And since this was a USB DVD-RW, I didn't think it could be changed so I got a new Pioneer DVD Drive.

Now with this one I get a different message with both disks saying:
"Windows has encountered a problem communicating with the device connected to your computer
This error can be caused by unplugging a removable storage device such as an external USB Drive while the device is in user by faulty hardware such as a Hard Drive or a CD-ROM drive that is failing. ...
This got to me because its a new drive which still reads disks within Windows but not during the installation.

So, what do you guys think I should do?
So far, I've tried changing the SATA configs from AHCI to IDE for ports 5-6 (where DVD drive is fitted) and I still get the communication message.

Computer Specs:
CPU: AMD FX 8320
MoBo: Asus M5A99X Evo (lates BIOS installed)
RAM: GEIL DDR3 Dual Channel 16GB Dragon RAM 1600mhz
PSU: Seasonic G-series 550W
GPU: Sapphire Radeon 7850 OC Edition
SSD: Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB
ODD: Pioneer DVR-S20L

TL;DR Version:
Made computer. Installed pirated windows 7 through USB DVD drive. Got genuine windows 7 tried to install through USB DVD Drive, didn't work. Tried pirated windows 7 through USB DVD Drive, didn't work. Got new DVD Drive, still doesn't work.

kansasboy001

Honorable
Feb 6, 2013
Wipe your hard drives and reformat them before install, you can do this by clicking drive options in the windows installation, or put them in an other computer. And wipe and format as NTSF.