New GTX 560 Ti (2nd gen) or GTX 570

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quiksmith

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2011
With 1080 resolution, which should i get? I really don't want to wait but can if it's a big difference. Want to run BF3 Ultra settings smoothly.

Current Rig:
CPU: i7 2600k @ 4.2
MB: MSI p67A-GD80
RAM: 16GB GSkillz @ 1600
PSU: Corsair GS600 @ 600w
HD: Seagate 1TB SataIII 7200rpm
GPU: EVGA GTX 460 SSC
Optical: LG b
luray burner
Case: Antec 900 Mid ATX

SLI is not an option currently

Solution
If SLI is not an option, and those are the cards you are going for.. No, you will not get smooth frames in BF3 ultra, so change your expectations there.

Secondly, you don't know pricing yet, so I don't see whats the point in waiting. Think of it this way.. You can wait a couple months and get yourself a 560ti (new version) for about $280... oor you can enjoy your games now, get a 570 for about $310, and guess what? when the 560ti(new) comes out, you won't care. You won't say.. damn I could have spent less money to get less performance.

What you will regret, though, is that you spend all that money to get a card, and then realize that you did not buy enough horsepower to run the games you want at the frames you wanted. Then you...

phishy714

Distinguished
May 16, 2011
If SLI is not an option, and those are the cards you are going for.. No, you will not get smooth frames in BF3 ultra, so change your expectations there.

Secondly, you don't know pricing yet, so I don't see whats the point in waiting. Think of it this way.. You can wait a couple months and get yourself a 560ti (new version) for about $280... oor you can enjoy your games now, get a 570 for about $310, and guess what? when the 560ti(new) comes out, you won't care. You won't say.. damn I could have spent less money to get less performance.

What you will regret, though, is that you spend all that money to get a card, and then realize that you did not buy enough horsepower to run the games you want at the frames you wanted. Then you realize that you could have spent a measly $20 and gotten a more powerful card that would have given you a better experience. You never regret buying a powerful card, but you do regret buying an underpowered card.

Also.. you don't want to wait, but you can if its a big difference.. ??? big difference in what exactly? You are either going to buy the more powerful 570 now or you are going to buy the less powerful 560ti(new). I don't see what the big difference is that you are looking for exactly.

Solution

Quiksmith

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2011

Eh would just hate to buy the 570 and find out the 560ti comes out and is 70ish bucks cheaper and can be flashed to match the 570. I'm kinda new to this but have a friend with a 465 that he flashed/unlocked to 470 and it sounds like this might have the same opprotunity. Anyone know?

videogamerign

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2009
the Gen 1 560 Ti's are based off of the GF114 and not GF110. The GF110 is currently only in the 580/570. This is why the new 560Ti is a big deal because it will add ~40 more cores to the arcitecture making it faster and easier for them to make.

Also the new 560s are suposedly coming with 1280MB of ram on board and not 1024MB. A small increase but it will probably help with the added cores.

I know, that's what makes the F@H ID so amusing.

Status
Not open for further replies.