Computer locks up and voltages spike

MasterJES

Honorable
Feb 7, 2013
Hi,

I am having issues with my computer locking up while playing a game (Guild Wars 2). Typically what happens is I will be playing a game for maybe 30min-1hr and then all of a sudden my computer will lock up and my video output will shut off for a split second, then the computer will resume normal functionality. This will continue to happen every so often (30min or so), sometimes even locking up 3-4 times in a row. I am not exactly sure what is happening so I pulled up all my temp/voltage monitors while playing the game so when my computer locks up I can alt-tab out to see if everything is reading ok, which it is for the most part. I am using an asus mobo in my computer and have the asus probe II program running in the background, what has been happening is the asus probe utility is setting off alarms for my Vcore voltage and sometimes my +3.3V or +5V. I caught the alarm alt-tabbing out from the game when the Vcore alarm went off and saw my Vcore voltage at over 2v when its supposed to be around 1.2V, currently its at 1.34V. I have not yet tried a lower graphics setting in the game, or tried another game all together to see if I get the same problem, I will give those a shot but something tells me that isn't the problem. I'm figuring it could be the PSU failing, or somethings up with the mobo but just not sure exactly. Anyone know what could be the issue with my computer?

Specs:

ASUS M4N75TD AM3 NVIDIA nForce 750a SLI ATX AMD Motherboard

AMD Phenom II x4 955 BE CPU

8gb DDR3 1333Mhz RAM

Geforce GTX 275

Rosewill 750W PSU

Western Digital 37gb 10,000rpm Raptor drive

Western Digital 320gb 7,200rpm drive

Thanks!