Asus Sabertooth Z77 "Performance" mode

Emzy

Honorable
Jan 31, 2013
Hello,

I have been experiencing BSOD's whenever I run the bios setting on performance mode.

i7-3770k -cpu
16gb Patriot Viper 1866 - ram

Does anyone know what could be causing it? Does Asus plan on fixing this? or Is there something on my build causing it to not work correctly? Any help or suggestions would be awesome

Thanks,
Emzy

Emzy

Honorable
Jan 31, 2013
Yes it does. The only reason I wanted to even run performance mode is to get the 1866 clock speed out of my ram. What I have done is kept the bios at "Normal" and manually set dram target speed to 1866. No BSOD this way.

Maybe its the cpu?

dasX91

Honorable
Jan 23, 2013

I had the same problem sometime ago, but with asus epu engine when i run setting to performance. This program like BIOS setting "performance" are almost the same they just reduce the voltage and it has a negative impact, especially in the voltage of the RAM when it is OCed.

I am running my Asus Z77 Sabertooth in Performance mode so far I have not had any problems with BSOD or Kernel Panics on my Hachintosh (dual boot).
Running a i5 3570K Asus Z77 Sabertooth 16gig G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 1866.

Are you running the latest bios? If memory serves one of the bios updates was for memory performance so if you are not running the latest bios that might be worth a try.