Sign in with
Your question

Problem with Battlefield 3 (560 ti SLI)

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
October 27, 2011 6:17:29 PM

Hi,

I just bought another 560 ti and did the SLI. But There is something wrong with the Battlefield 3! The game Can't run in SLI. It runs at 5-10fps and is barely running.

I tried other games and did some benchmark there was no problem with them at all. I don't know what's wrong with BF3... !? :??: 

specs:
Windows 7 64bit
CPU : I5 2500k OC @ 4.5ghz
RAM : 8GB
PSU : 720W
New card : Gigabyte GTX 560 Ti OC @ 900
Old card : Gigabyte GTX 560 Ti UD @ 822

EDIT : I just tried Disabling SLI and see if it works But It's the same. Maybe something went wrong with game configuration after SLI ?
a c 105 U Graphics card
October 27, 2011 6:40:45 PM

go into the device manager. uninstall cards. reboot. let windows find cards. install downloaded driver. reboot. see if nvidia control panel asks you if you want to enable sli. if it doesn't open the nvidia control panel and enable it/
m
l
October 27, 2011 7:13:16 PM

swifty_morgan said:
go into the device manager. uninstall cards. reboot. let windows find cards. install downloaded driver. reboot. see if nvidia control panel asks you if you want to enable sli. if it doesn't open the nvidia control panel and enable it/

I did what you said and It worked ! ;)  But after 1 min the game crashed and the screen went black and I had to manually restart.

So it seems it's the game's issue ? I thought something is wrong with my cards or psu :) 

BTW the game had good scaling with 2 cards, with 1 card it was running at 40-55fps without AA and ambient. With SLI setup I turned on 2xMSAA and Low AA processing + Ambient and got over 70fps !

Edit : I tried story mode this time, after about 5-6 mins it started stuttering and went crashed again! I changed AA to 4x and High AA processing + High Ambient and It was around 60-70fps . This is a god damn good SLI setup :bounce:  I can't wait them to patch up the driver/game to fix this. :sarcastic: 

EDIT 2: I found where the problem is coming from, It's actually the voltage which seems to be very low on every 560 Ti OC edition. I read somewhere in the Bios of 560 Ti the voltages are set too low and is not enough for DX11 games. So it needs to be updated. I just went into Gigabyte website and got the latest Bios. Now the game is running fine in SLI. Note that there is still some stuttering in some part which seems I need to set voltage a little higher. And Crashes are gone.
m
l
Related resources
October 29, 2011 3:15:26 AM

xperator.. which bios update did you use? What mobo are are you running these cards on?
m
l
October 29, 2011 11:05:44 AM

slopshua said:
xperator.. which bios update did you use? What mobo are are you running these cards on?

By bios I meant the bios of the VGA card not the Mobo. Anyway my Mobo is Gigabyte P67A-UD4-B3

First I installed Easy Boost, Backed up my current 560 Ti's Bios and went to gigabyte website and got the newest Bios.
My 560 Ti's old Bios was F21, So I upgrade to F22.

BTW are you having the same situation as me ?
m
l
October 29, 2011 11:13:42 AM

Yeah I was... I found the VGA bios and updated it and that fixed the problem. But its started crashing again :(  even with the bios update! Have you had any other problems since you updated the bios?
m
l
October 29, 2011 11:30:28 AM

As I said before the are no more crashes, But I am still facing the stuttering problem in some part which the fps drops to 30 otherwise its constant on 60 with vsync on.

I am not sure if it is the driver/game problem or not But it seems the cards are having hard time in those stutter times. Maybe the game is too much for them ? :) 
m
l
October 29, 2011 11:46:24 AM

Yeah maybe.. I must admit, although this issue is driving me insane the game is freaking awesome. Better than I expected, just wish I could run it stable. According to Easy Boost my bios version is F13.. Not F22 like yours though?
m
l
October 30, 2011 2:27:14 AM

I think its an SLI issue.. if I only use one card I dont crash. Hopefully we get a patch sometime soon to fix it!
m
l
November 4, 2011 7:42:27 PM

playing BF3 GTX 460 sli with no problems.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
November 4, 2011 7:53:02 PM

Can't comment on the SLI issue on battlefield 3 but they've got a whole mess of bugs to work out. Numerous people cannot even play the game, they keep crashing. I personally lose mouse/keyboard input for CoOp but can still play the regular multiplayer. Hopefully they patch the game soon with fixes. Could be issues with the game engine too as Battlefield 3 is the first game on the new Frostbite 2 engine.
m
l
a c 105 U Graphics card
November 5, 2011 8:19:01 PM

disable ambient occlusion.
m
l
November 7, 2011 2:39:46 PM

mxnopal said:
playing BF3 GTX 460 sli with no problems.

I am also using a gtx 460 sli setup. But I'm having a shot ton of problems. Bad frame rate, green and blue flickers. When I run each card individually, I can run the game with medium/high settings with a solid frame rate. When I run sli, it's. straight hell. I used GPU Z to check out what was happening and I saw when one card is running at 700 MHz, the other would drop to 50MHz. : (. I tried to use ntune to overclock them both to 700, that didn't work. And my PSU is a 750 watt, so that's not the issue. I would appreciate any help people!
m
l
November 7, 2011 7:33:03 PM

The game is real effed up.

I've got a good system, but had to turn off hyperthreading on my CPU because it caused stuttering. AND its the only game that causes my CPU to overheat, lol.
m
l
!