Sign in with
Your question

PCI Parity Error now won't Post

Last response: in Motherboards
February 8, 2013 4:00:19 AM

Hi all,

So this problem started when I tried to install a SSD. I had used Clonezilla to copy the original OS partition to the SSD and they tried booting with just the SSD hooked up. I got the parity error on boot and I figured something had gone wrong with the cloning, so I decided to just do a clean install with just the SSD attached and that worked fine and the computer could boot with both hard drives connected.

Now I wanted to delete the old OS partition, but I needed to change the settings on the partition and SSD so I followed the instructions here.

When I restarted after copying the boot files I ended up getting the parity error again. I tried changing the boot order for the drives to no avail and then tried swapping the SATA cables/ having only one of the drives connected. I also tried repairing the SSD with the windows cd, but that found no issues. After one of the cable swaps the computer just failed to boot at all not even allowing me to get into the BIOS, but all the lights and fans turn on.

I tried resetting the CMOS, trying each stick of RAM individually, and moving the video card to another PCI slot.

Also this is a fairly new computer that I built about 9 months ago when my old computer had a similar issue where it failed to boot and I had to previously replace the mobo on that one. I only kept the case and HD from that computer, but it seems a bit suspicious to me that I'm having a similar problem again.

I'm very confused at this point, though I think it is a problem with the mobo. Can anyone help me out or do I need to RMA the mobo?

Here are my specs:

-PSU: RS800-80GAD3-US 800W ATX 12V v2.3
-Vid Card: GIGABYTE GV-N460OC-1GI V3 GeForce GTX 460
-Mobo: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3
-CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition
-RAM: G.SKILL Sniper Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866 (PC3 14900) Desktop Memory Model F3-14900CL9D-8GBSR
-SSD: 128G|SAMSUNG MZ-7PC128B/WW R
-Old HD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 ST3250410AS 250GB

More about : pci parity error post

March 14, 2013 6:24:37 AM

So I eventually got a new MOBO and the issue was resolved.
!