Is this good and compatible???

braxeo

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2011
Hello, this is the first time ive ever been doing anything like this, im sick and tired of playing games on 5fps, which is about what i get on my mums computer :( at best i get about 20, so ive decided to make my own and this is what ive come up with

motherboard
Asus P6T-Deluxe V2 LGA 1366

cpu
Intel core i7 2600k

ram (memory)
XMS3 - 8gb Dual Channel DDR3 Memory Kit (CMX8GX3M2A1333C9)

video card(graphic card)
nvidia geforce gtx 590

hard drive
Barracuda 7200.12 SATA 6Gb/s 1TB Hard Drive

optical drive
Lite-On IHAS524(BLACK) 24X Super AllWrite SATA

case (chassis)
Corsair Graphite 600T

power supply
OCZ EliteXStream 800W

operating system
windows 7 Ultimate(64bit)

Im just wondering, is this all compatible with each other, is there anything im missing (like cooling or fans) and about how much is it gonna cost (im guessing about 2500 - 3500) and is there anything that could be better (for now much of a price change) :) thanks

Solution
If you fill out the template then it will be easier for others to give good advice.
http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/261222-13-build-advice

You should know that the motherboard you have listed is not compatible with the processor.
You will need a socket 1155 motherboard with H67 chipset (if you don't want to overclock and want to save money), P67 or Z68 if you do want to overclock.
If you do want to overclock it would be a good idea to buy an aftermarket CPU cooler (a stock cooler come with the CPU, but it is not designed to support overclocking).

The i7-2600K doesn't perform any better in games than the i5-2500K does so you might as well save the money.

I don't think that Windows 7 Ultimate is necessary for a gaming build.
If you fill out the template then it will be easier for others to give good advice.
http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/261222-13-build-advice

You should know that the motherboard you have listed is not compatible with the processor.
You will need a socket 1155 motherboard with H67 chipset (if you don't want to overclock and want to save money), P67 or Z68 if you do want to overclock.
If you do want to overclock it would be a good idea to buy an aftermarket CPU cooler (a stock cooler come with the CPU, but it is not designed to support overclocking).

The i7-2600K doesn't perform any better in games than the i5-2500K does so you might as well save the money.

I don't think that Windows 7 Ultimate is necessary for a gaming build.

Solution

braxeo

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2011
thanks for the reply :)
ok had a look at what u said and i think im gonna stick with the i7 2600k and W7 Ultimate, thats just a personal choice, but ive changed the motherboard to a ASUS p8z68 pro gen3 and got a Thermaltake Frío OCK for the cpu cooler, and thanks for the tips and everything :)
money really isn't a problem because im saving right now anyways so i can afford to get the i7 and W7 Ultimate :)