Upgrading USB 2.0 to 3.0 port?

ohhgourami

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2011
My case did not come with any front usb 3.0 ports so I want to swap then out. I believe my case allows me to take out the part but I have no idea where I can buy it. It should be a bare USB 3.0 female to whatever number of pins female header cable.

Anyone have a site? peferably located in the US

^no it wouldn't, as long as his Mobo has usb 3.0 support, its more than possible to swap out the panel,
On an unrelated note, I would remove the weed reference from your tagline, Moderators take a very dim view of drugs and its against the T+c's you agreed to when you signed up,
Please edit it or you risk being banned,
Moto

ohhgourami

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2011
not looking to replace a whole panel, just a single port. you know how there are front panels cables for usb? I just want to replace one of my cables with a 3.0 one which leads to one usb port.

yes I have a mobo with 3.0 headers. my case (silverstone tj10) just has its own special front panel thing so replacing what is currently a useless firewire port would be perfect.

ohhgourami

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2011
oh wow! that seems to be exactly the part I'm looking for! is there a place in the US that sells this? ill probably check the price of shipping from the uk myself after I wake up. hard to check on my phone

thanks a lot!

Ginga_nz

Honorable
Sep 19, 2012
Awesome, I am looking at getting a new system, but am thinking I might use an old case and mod it, or possibly build something from scratch. So glad I will be able to benefit from USB3.0 as well as some esata.

This has defiantly got me thinking a fully custom built case might be the way to go.

Maccasmack

Reputable
May 1, 2014

Hey dude just wondering if you ever got this part and if it worked or not?
cheers mac