Sign in with
Your question

I have the 1090t II x6 cup which mobo will be best for this processor?

Last response: in CPUs
April 1, 2012 1:00:41 PM

I have the amd 1090t II x6 cpu, which mobo will be best for this processor? here are my add-ons.... video: 1 xfx 5770 hd 1gb, ps: Rockfish 80 plus sliver 900w, HD: WD Caviar black 1.0TB/w 64mb cache, i'm looking to upgrade from am2+ to the AM3/AM3+ plat form with what i have and should i change any of my componets. :whistle: 
April 2, 2012 1:19:50 PM

hey thanks rolli59..... but do you think asrock would be better then gigabytes ud3 or ud7 boards?....moneys no object.... "BUT" i would still like to get the bang for my bucks. :o )
m
l
Related resources
a b à CPUs
April 2, 2012 1:26:53 PM

Gigabyte is good...but I have found that Asus has better onboard tools for overclocking, if that is a concern for you. The build quality is about the same for either manufacturer. I have only ever had one bad board from Asus, and the retailer (Fry's Electronics) replaced it immediately.

The only issue I have had with ASRock has been quality. About 2 years ago, I ordered a build for a friend that included an ASRock mainboard. The board was DOA, and with a single phone call to the manufacturer, they sent a replacement, which, sadly, was also DOA. The third board, which came in about a month after the very first phone call, was finally good. Kudos to ASRock for standing behind their product and making the RMA process fairly easy, but still...
m
l
April 2, 2012 2:24:35 PM

thank 4 the help houndsteeth....i will be looking into asus mobo's.
m
l
a b à CPUs
April 2, 2012 4:02:59 PM

+1 on the Asus and Gigabyte boards.
m
l
!