Sign in with
Your question

PC won't go past initial bios screen

Last response: in Motherboards
February 8, 2013 6:08:32 PM

Just had a brown out that rebooted the PC followed by a black out. There wasn't a surge so I assume everything is in wrking order but maybe not.

When starting I get the usual single beep as the bios loads and I get the initial bios boot screen, but then it sticks on that screen. I cannot enter the bios setup or display the post messages. Everything is powering up properly it seems.
a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 111 V Motherboard
February 8, 2013 6:21:44 PM

Force POST to trigger a response by powering up your system without the boot drive connected.
m
l
February 14, 2013 11:20:17 PM

Was able to sort it out on the same day. It was a USB device causing a hiccup. odd that I only got the notification of a response today :/ 
m
l
Related resources
March 13, 2014 8:24:42 AM

T_T said:
Force POST to trigger a response by powering up your system without the boot drive connected.

Hi,
I have the same problem with a new build. How would powering up without the boot drive help?
Thanks in advance.
m
l
a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 111 V Motherboard
March 14, 2014 6:38:39 PM

@allendalelad,

If you have a display problem, the likely culprits are:
1. GPU/chipset
2. RAM
3. CPU
4. Electrical Short
5. Display driver
6. Mobo

By booting without the OS drive, barring any other problems, you should see a message like "No boot device found". Seeing this message would indicate that the GPU/chipset isn't the problem. If you haven't already, take a look at our troubleshooting checklist (link in my signature), and if you still have problems, start a new thread with the results of the checklist tests.
m
l
!