EA Fight Night on PS3 in Real Time

Last response: in Video Games
May 20, 2005 11:21:41 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox (More info?)

The xflop full circle fanfairies are continuing with their campaign of
lies about the PS3 capabilities but it is up to people to view the
facts and evaluate for themselves. The EA Fight Night demo on the PS3
is clearly defined as being in real time on Renderware on the
Playstation 3. It is interesting to note the speaker has a wired Dual
Shock controller in his hands, which probably means the Playstation 3
will be backward compatible with wired Dual Shock controllers, as well
as having new wireless controllers. The main thing to note is if EA is
capable of this level of programming for the Playstation 3, then why
would it be doubtful that other developers cannot achieve the same or
even higher levels of programming? It is doubtful to those whose asses
are still stinging from the lashing given to them by the Playstation 3
debut.

http://streamingmovies.ign.com/ps3/article/614/614935/s...
Anonymous
May 20, 2005 12:41:46 PM

"Blig Merk" <blig_murk@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> The xflop full circle fanfairies are continuing with their campaign of
> lies about the PS3 capabilities but it is up to people to view the
> facts and evaluate for themselves. The EA Fight Night demo on the PS3
> is clearly defined as being in real time on Renderware on the
> Playstation 3. It is interesting to note the speaker has a wired Dual
> Shock controller in his hands, which probably means the Playstation 3
> will be backward compatible with wired Dual Shock controllers, as well
> as having new wireless controllers. The main thing to note is if EA is
> capable of this level of programming for the Playstation 3, then why
> would it be doubtful that other developers cannot achieve the same or
> even higher levels of programming? It is doubtful to those whose asses
> are still stinging from the lashing given to them by the Playstation 3
> debut.

I'm really looking forward to this game. But I don't see anything there that
the X-Box 360 shouldn't be able to do equally well. A current PC could run
those graphics without breaking a sweat.

- Cryo
Anonymous
May 20, 2005 3:10:25 PM

"Cryofax" <Bark@TheMoon.com> wrote in message news:KMCdnTrnAdy4ahDfRVn-
> I'm really looking forward to this game. But I don't see anything there
that
> the X-Box 360 shouldn't be able to do equally well. A current PC could run
> those graphics without breaking a sweat.

Mom and Dad left the medicine cabinet unlocked again, huh?
Related resources
May 20, 2005 4:13:45 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox (More info?)

"Blig Merk" <blig_murk@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> The xflop full circle fanfairies are continuing with their campaign of
> lies about the PS3 capabilities but it is up to people to view the
> facts and evaluate for themselves. The EA Fight Night demo on the PS3
> is clearly defined as being in real time on Renderware on the
> Playstation 3. It is interesting to note the speaker has a wired Dual
> Shock controller in his hands, which probably means the Playstation 3
> will be backward compatible with wired Dual Shock controllers, as well
> as having new wireless controllers. The main thing to note is if EA is
> capable of this level of programming for the Playstation 3, then why
> would it be doubtful that other developers cannot achieve the same or
> even higher levels of programming? It is doubtful to those whose asses
> are still stinging from the lashing given to them by the Playstation 3
> debut.
>
> http://streamingmovies.ign.com/ps3/article/614/614935/s...
>

>Yawn<
Anonymous
May 20, 2005 6:30:15 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox (More info?)

yes yes yes whatever, we've heard it all before.

"Blig Merk" <blig_murk@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> The xflop full circle fanfairies are continuing with their campaign of
> lies about the PS3 capabilities but it is up to people to view the
> facts and evaluate for themselves. The EA Fight Night demo on the PS3
> is clearly defined as being in real time on Renderware on the
> Playstation 3. It is interesting to note the speaker has a wired Dual
> Shock controller in his hands, which probably means the Playstation 3
> will be backward compatible with wired Dual Shock controllers, as well
> as having new wireless controllers. The main thing to note is if EA is
> capable of this level of programming for the Playstation 3, then why
> would it be doubtful that other developers cannot achieve the same or
> even higher levels of programming? It is doubtful to those whose asses
> are still stinging from the lashing given to them by the Playstation 3
> debut.

http://streamingmovies.ign.com/ps3/article/614/614935/s...
ht_wmvlow.wmv

Anonymous
May 21, 2005 2:20:37 PM

"Boody Bandit" <boodybandit@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> "Cryofax" <Bark@TheMoon.com> wrote in message news:KMCdnTrnAdy4ahDfRVn-
>> I'm really looking forward to this game. But I don't see anything there
> that
>> the X-Box 360 shouldn't be able to do equally well. A current PC could
>> run
>> those graphics without breaking a sweat.
>

> Mom and Dad left the medicine cabinet unlocked again, huh?

So which part are you saying is incorrect? That the new X-Box or that a
current PC could run those graphics? If you don't think a current PC could
run that with EASE you don't own one. And since the X-Box is supposed to be
faster than current PCs it would stand to reason it too could run that with
no problem. Played Half-Life 2, Doom 3, or FarCry on a PC?

- Cryo

And yes they left the cabinet open and I ate an entire package of baby
asprin. Damn that stuff tastes good.
!