Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Is Super Talent ram any good compared to better known brands?

Last response: in Memory
February 8, 2013 6:25:59 PM

Ok, here's the deal; I bought two 2gb sticks of ram from a supplier on ebay, both advertised as MSI brand. They've always had a good rep so I bought them. They arrived today; one is MSI, but the other is Super Talent. The specs are correct, and it's working in the computer as I type, but isn't that a generic, low quality brand compared to MSI?

I'm a little upset by this...I did not authorize any substitutions, nor did he inform me of any being made.
a c 80 } Memory
February 9, 2013 12:22:44 PM

Just contact the seller for exchange the RAM, because they know what they are doing. If you don't exchange the RAM that means they can take this advantage-buyer always is lazy for returning or exchange. Like the MIR they always miss the deadline to fill the rebate form.
m
l
February 11, 2013 4:02:39 PM

Hi 9xer,

We're sorry you didn't receive the advertised product. We hope our RAM fulfills your needs while you're waiting for the exchange.

-Super Talent Technology
m
l
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
February 11, 2013 4:32:15 PM

The seller claims that the Super Talent ram is made from high quality components, and that the ad wasn't for MSI brand ram, it was for ram used in an MSI motherboard...honestly, I can see how the ad could be read both ways, so he should really change the wording of it.

I'm going to keep the ST ram and see how it works....if it works well I'd buy it again, and likewise, if it doesn't work well it will be a learning experience and I won't buy it again.
m
l

Best solution

February 12, 2013 3:18:06 PM

9xer said:
The seller claims that the Super Talent ram is made from high quality components, and that the ad wasn't for MSI brand ram, it was for ram used in an MSI motherboard...honestly, I can see how the ad could be read both ways, so he should really change the wording of it.

I'm going to keep the ST ram and see how it works....if it works well I'd buy it again, and likewise, if it doesn't work well it will be a learning experience and I won't buy it again.

We're happy to hear that you're giving our RAM a try! :) 

-Super Talent Technology
a b } Memory
February 12, 2013 3:59:19 PM

I am a bit confused about one part of this...

What is MSI RAM? As far as I know MSI doesn't make RAM... Can I see a picture of the "MSI Stick"?
m
l
February 12, 2013 11:56:42 PM

I don't know how to add pics, and I'm far too lazy to try.

I don't know for sure if MSI makes ram...I know they make mobos and other computers accessories, so by the wording of the auction, it would be reasonable (at least to me) to assume that they made ram as well. The sticker on it has an M with a swoosh going through it, which is actually the same brand as the two ram modules that came out of it (MSI mobo).
m
l
February 23, 2013 1:45:34 AM

Best answer selected by 9xer.
m
l
!