I7 2600k @ 50c idle 98c load with Corsair H100

XmortisX

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2011
:hello: Hey all, hope all is well.

Ok I have a H100 cooler from corsair, my idle temps are 50c and with prime95 it goes up to 98+ this is not right I'm sure of it :pfff: . I reapply thermal paste (Arctic silver5), re-seat HSF, checked bios, fans plug directly to psu. I switched fans and same thing. I am OCing right now at 4.2Ghz with 1.28v, system tends to throw freaky "Windows detects system is running slow" message when I run my games, been on this for 3 days now nothing changed so I am asking for help. Case is NZXT Phantom two 200mm on top one on side and 120mm next to HDD bays, the radiator has two 120mm in push/pull config( I have tried 6 fans from diff company's same result). Room temp is 55F, summer is coming I'm getting worried here. All response welcome and thanked in advanced! :)

Solution
To see if the pump isn't working right, you can check the RPM in HW Monitor(it should be plugged into the Motherboard)

This is my RPM reading for my pump.
ZhSdC.jpg

cliffro

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2007
Nah, it's nothing to do with the OC or the voltage, my voltage is higher and it's at 4.2 as well. It's either mounted wrong and not making enough contact or its defective(not pumping fast enough). Mine rarely goes over 60c while gaming with an H60.

@XMortisX: Make sure its seated correctly, and tighten it using an X pattern.

Edit: I see you mention it has 2 fans in Push/Pull, and your config page shows an H60. Is it an H60? or did you "Upgrade"?

XmortisX

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2011

I have not updated my page and will do so soon, yes I have H100. It is seated properly and I did use X pattern. :( I am highly disappointed in this thing. I reset all settings to stock to check temps still too high for stock settings 45c idle 87c load. GRRR!!!! Thanks for help guys keep info coming.

XmortisX

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2011

WHOA! my pump is at 1828 rpm! that's way too low isnt it? bad pump is bad, Anyone knows how long is corsair RMA warranty policy? had this cooler for about 3 months wonder if I can still send it back. This is sickening, I had swiftech water loop and the pump went out before that's why I bought this H100 this one and now this pump dies? :cry: coincidence or is there something I should look into?

I figured that something wasn't right when reading your first post. Contact them and see if you can rma right away. This is why I won't buy self contained liquid coolers like this.

XmortisX

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2011

Exactly, I still have my swiftech kit all I need is a water pump but it high maintenance with custom loop time and money. I have contacted corsair and rma was set up. Now I have to head to micro center for a quick temporary HSF replacement till I get it back.

Thanks everyone for your help, Im going to have to throw in the towel on this and get something else. I don't even want this thing anymore! :lol:

cliffro

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2007
Just another ? to possibly avoid an unecessary purchase/RMA.

Is the pump plugged into a connector that can/does control RPM? That "could" be the issue. I made sure to use one that wasn't controlled when I installed mine.

Edit: From what I see in the manual for the Maximus IV Extreme-Z(Your config doesn't specify if its that or the Gene) all of them are PWM connectors(kinda nice honestly) so if you didn't set the one the pump is connected to Manual 100%, that could be the issue.