Build error sabertooth 990fx

porkubounce

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2011
Recently built a new system with a sabertooth 990fx and the new bulldozer processor. The motherboard gets the boot device led with both hard drives pluged in and without them plugged in. I try to boot from the disc drive with a genuine windows disc and it wont read it. I sent back the first disc drive and got another. It should work. Is my motherboard the problem? I updated it to the newest bios

Start by listing the maker and model of all your parts.

Then, tell us a little bit more about what you do see and what you do hear.

The sounds you see and hear during the boot process help us considerably during the problem diagnosis process.

Any errors you see are also massively helpful.

Are you sure your CD drive is plugged in correctly? It should probably have 2 cables going into it. One from the PSU and one from the motherboard.

If you can get into the BIOS, does the BIOS recognize the drive and list it as being attached?

Is the CD drive listed first in the boot order?

porkubounce

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2011
Its a sata disc drive but yes both cords are plugged in. No boot beeps come on at all. Cd drive is 1st in boot order. When booting from cd it says there isn't a recognizable boot device. Will list all parts when I reach my house

Have you ever heard a beep from the computer? It sounds like you don't have any PC Speaker at all which does make things slightly more inconvenient for diagnostic purposes.

You might want to stop by a hardware store and get a PC speaker for like $5 or something. It could make sorting this process out easier. It is just good to have one in general, I think, even if it doesn't directly help to solve this problem. You can do without one but it makes many things easier.

Did you say that your OS CD is an original from Microsoft?

porkubounce

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2011
Ram: 1 x G.SKILL Sniper Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866 (PC3 14900) Desktop Memory Model F3-14900CL9D-8GBSR
CPU: 1 x AMD FX-6100 Zambezi 3.3GHz Socket AM3+ 95W Six-Core Desktop Processor FD6100WMGUSBX
Motherboard: 1 x ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ AMD 990FX SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard with UEFI BIOS
Optical: ASUS DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS Black SATA 24X DVD Burner - Bulk - OEM
GPU: EVGA 880 gts
500 Watt PSU