Computer Crashes after startup

tnqko

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2010
So my computer keeps shutting down after I login to windows 7 and now that I'm in safe mode it doesn't crash right away but it always does eventually. I'm not sure what the problem is so if there's anyone out there that can help me out it would be much appreciated. Attached is a vid I made to show you all what's going on.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKXl_4aYrxI

AMD FX-6100 Zambezi 3.3GHz Processor

GIGABYTE GA-970A-UD3 Motherboard

CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB

GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB

Seagate Barracuda 1.5TB

CORSAIR 650TX 650W

xunicronx

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2007
Ok, just saw your video on Youtube. Do you have another power supply within reach? This is probably a new/newer build then? Have you tired rolling back various drivers? What is your RAM configuration? Have you downloaded any corrupt software that you know of? Have you tried installing only one memory module in the 0 slot? About how long has this been going on? Maybe you can try to reinstall/repair Windows 7?

tnqko

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2010
i don't have another psu to test off of.yeah this build is about 6 months old. all this started within the last week. i remember having an update from windows and my system has been acting like this since then. yeah so i can run windows normally sometimes but it still crashes at random times so nothing is consistent.

i'm not sure how to do a memtest. i can't get the program to run when i boot through cdrom. i'm not sure either on how to run a hardware diagnostic with a boot cd. so a nice tutorial could help even though i have been searching for it.

MegaMan1

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2011
I just learned this mem test stuff. Download Memtest86 Version 4.0. Burn it to CD or other device you can access as boot device. It runs without OS, by it self. I could not get it to run and had to turn on XP Compatability in my Bios and then it was ok.

tnqko

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2010
ok i just ran the memtest and i had no errors and passed all the tests. so i guess my memory is ok. i took a look at my "windows rating system" and everything has high scores besides my hard drive performance which is at a 5.9 which i don't think is good. should i look into getting a new hard drive or is there anything else you guys can suggest?

xunicronx

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2007
Have you tried clearing the CMOS? Maybe you can go back to the previous version of the BIOS? Have you tried rolling back the graphics card driver? A new harddrive certainly wouldn't hurt anything, but I would hate for you to get one and find out it's not the harddrive that's causing the problem (although it could be, you never know), you know? Windows 7 is up to date then? Sometimes Windows Update checks for updates and there are none when in fact there are. Have you tried to make sure all the cables are inserted and not loose? Try to reseat the graphics card and RAM, see if that helps. Do you have another graphics card you can try?

tnqko

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2010
i'll try resetting the cmos. i've been on this version of bios for a while now and i think it's the only one that supports my am3+ cpu. i could try reseating the gpu while i reset the cmos. since i just formatted my system i'm still updating my os. i'll let you know what happens. thanks for you help